I just completed Doom II on the "I'm too young to die" difficulty level. Even this is not easy. It is a bit of a slog to get through.
I was bored with some of the early levels, but midway through the levels got much more imaginative.
If they had broken the game into 3 or 4 episodes, I think that it would have been more rewarding for the player. It would have provided a better sense of progression.
The Super Shotgun is very satisfying. It has enough power that I sometimes choose it over other more powerful weapons.
I definitely enjoyed Doom 1 more. Do I find Doom II interesting enough to play it through on the other difficulties? Probably. The complexity of some levels is discouraging, but players in 1994 got a lot of gaming experience for their money. The game is bigger and more difficult.
I played the game using "Chocolate Doom", which uses the same low resolution as the original game. I didn't mind this at all, but now that I have downloaded both ZDoom and its successor GZDoom, I think that I prefer the game with the higher image quality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Konami Code on an Arcade1Up Ms. Pac-Man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygj7ohtGIBw @john2001plus 3 minutes ago (edited) Ms. Pac-Man started as a third-party ha...
-
@john2001plus 42 minutes ago (edited) 1:37 Thy Flesh Consumed is my favorite Doom Episode. It has some of the best maps, although the dif...
-
Now that I have mostly finished the original Doom , I am playing Doom II on the easy level. With Doom, it is a good idea to play all the ...
-
@john2001plus 0 seconds ago I've now played this map on all 4 difficulties. This time I started with much less ammo, because running lo...
No comments:
Post a Comment