Saturday, October 19, 2024

Let's Go to the Carnival on Atari!


I think that Carnival is underrated by everybody. I played it throughout the 1980s and the machine was around for the whole decade. I still play it occasionally through emulation, like on my hacked NES Classic. In terms of fun, I think that Carnival is comparable to Bezerk although most people would not agree. If you compare the 1980 arcade, which is a fixed shooter, to the 1979 Space Invaders, Carnival has more variety of play. I prefer it slightly over Galaxian, another 1980 game. Although the 2600 version doesn't have a bonus stage, it is really impressive and fun for a 2600 game. This is one of several 2600 games that I love. The others are: Battle Zone, Pole Position, Pac-Man Jr, and Boing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Go to the Carnival on Atari!

I think that Carnival is underrated by everybody. I played it throughout the 1980s and the machine was around for the whole decade. I stil...